For effective and efficient software testing, it is necessary to select the proper testing tool that will meet all necessary requirements. It is relevant to load testing, performance testing, automated testing and other types of system control.
A vast range of different testing tools is available now. Each of them has own capacities, features, and other characteristics. While selecting the tool, for example, for unit testing, all these specific features of the testing tool should be reviewed and analyzed.
If to talk about automation tools, then the most wide-spread ones are Selenium and QTP. Of course, both these testing tools ensure the qualitative and fast testing procedure. But, nevertheless, each of them has advantages as well as disadvantages.
What Are the Pluses of QTP?
- QTP can be applied for both web and desktop application testing.
- The tool has a built-in repository.
- Due to the built-in IDE, the automation procedure takes less time in comparison with other tools.
- The official user support is provided.
- The option of test data exporting to different external formats is available.
- QTP generates the test reports automatically.
- The testing tool provides the opportunity to manage the elements of web browser, for example, buttons, address bar and others.
While executing web testing, the test team takes into account not only the listed features of QTP tool but also other its aspects:
- price (Selenium is a free testing tool);
- a level of flexibility (the number of supported programming languages, web browsers and platforms);
- the support of parallel testing.